Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Play and Learn with Mama: Fire Truck Snack

This was such a simple, sweet little treat - way more sugar that they are ever allowed, but hence the word 'treat'!! This is our version of a Fire Engine snack I first saw here.


We used a lovely home-baked bread that my husband made the night before, as well as..
Strawberry Jam
Mini Shortbread cookies for the engine's window
Chocolate covered cookie rings for the wheels (the original used Oreos)
A glace cherry for the red light
Pretzel sticks for the ladder




I had prepared an example beforehand, and placed all the little bits and pieces on individual plates for the Little Joyfuls to build their own engines.

Delight!!


1 comment:

  1. what a great idea! I'm planning a fireman party for my son's 5th birthday *still have to confirm with fire station!* and this little treat is a GREAT idea! Thanks :) pinning it now!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your comments! I will try my best to reply here to each comment promptly. Have a beauty-full day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails