Thursday, April 29, 2010

If I had my child to raise over again...

My husband and I with the precious children God gave us.

"If I had my child to raise all over again
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less and know to care more.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
I'd be firm less often and affirm much more
I would build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd teach less about the love of power, and more about the power of love."

           - by Diane Loomans from 100 Ways to build self-esteem and teach values

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and appreciate your comments! I will try my best to reply here to each comment promptly. Have a beauty-full day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails